Spencer Bass may not be the guy who is all over the world wide web all the time, but that does not mean he isn’t an amazing rider. He sure is and has tons of skills on a BMX bike and a big bag of tricks. We caught up with him to get our “17 Questions With” interview done, to talk about Bass’ weaknesses, his lifestyle, his lunch and much more. Hit the Read More button and read it.
1. What are you most proud of in your life? Why?
Being brought up in the family I was. I seriously wouldn’t be where I am without them and what makes me proud is that I can say they’re my family. I could list all the reasons why but we’de be here for a long time, ha.
2. How would you describe your lifestyle?
Fast paced, super fun, and a dream come true.
3. What is your greatest fear? Why?
Hurting the Bass legacy in some way. It’s only my older cousin, little brother, and I left that will carry on the Bass last name and I want to make my dad proud. He passed away when I was 11 and I made a commitment to always carry the Bass last name with pride.
4. What is the most important thing you learned in school?
To stay true to myself and not fall into the pressures of others. Kids want to do whatever it takes to fit into the crowd and be “popular”. Well, I’m telling you now it’s not all it’s cracked up to be because when I took at where most of the “cool” kids are now, it’s not some where I would recommend going in life. Make the choices you want to make, not the ones that people are telling you is good for you.
5. What is your greatest achievement outside BMX?
I made the Dean’s List every semester I was in college and kept a 4.0 gpa the whole time.
6. Tell me one thing about yourself you would not want me to know.
I pick my nose all the time.
7. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would take most of it and invest it where I would get high returns and make more money off the free money I was given. Then, I would take some and set it aside to live off in a nice way and I would take the rest and sponsor all my close friends so they wouldn’t have to work and could always just travel and heng out.
8. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
Going to work on the weekend with my dad.
9. If you were an animal, which one would you want to be? Why?
Probably a sloth, those guys have the life, haha. But mainly because I really really want to buy one.
10. If you could choose one superhero power, what would it be? Why?
To heal myself instantly from a physical injury. I could always be progressing, pushing limits, and most importantly, having gun without getting broke off.
11. What would you say are your 2 greatest weaknesses?
Never wanting to be wrong annnnddd yoga pants/leggings haha.
12. How do you fit a giraffe in a fridge?
Tell him there’s a Shokomonk bar in there and that’s the only way he can get it.
13. How would you explain Facebook to you grandma?
I’d tell her it’s all the news, sports, reality, music, and porn TB channels and internet site all in one haha.
14. Would you rather fight an elephant size mouse or 100 mouse-sized elephants?
It’s a Tuesday soooo I’m gonna have to go with an elephant sized mouse. Had it been a Monday or Saturday, I could of picked that little cute ones but not my luck today.
15. If you had to live life over again, what one thing would you change? Why?
Ya know, I can’t say there’s anything I’d really change. Everything that’s happened in my life had made the man I am today and I’m very grateful to be where I am now.
16. What are three main thing you do before going to bed?
Brush teeth, watch or read about one of the many conspiracy theories in the world, and check Facebook WAY too many times.
17. What did you ate for lunch yesterday?
Smoked cow head, not kidding.